Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'm so thankful...

I am so thankful for the Lord putting my husband Luke in my life.  God knew what I needed and who would give me everything I needed and more.  I can not count how many things that Luke has helped me get through in the last 2-3 years.  He was there for me when my grandpa passed away before our wedding.  He consoled me the way no one else on the earth ever could.  He has taught me how to slow down a little and go with the flow of things rather than getting uptight.  All I know is that I enjoy spending time with him.  He is my absolute BEST friend in the entire world and I thank God for sending him my way.  God saved me from making a lot of mistakes in my past, and I believe it's because He knew exactly where I would turn up today if I kept on the right path, HIS path.  There's nothing like hearing the words "I love you" when I apologize for something I've done.  He reassures me that even though I've done him wrong, he still loves me.  That is the greatest feeling to know.  At the end of the day, I know that I have a house to come home to because I have a husband that loves me enough to provide a home to call my own.  I know that when I lay my head down to sleep at night that he is right next to me, and when I wake up he'll be there too.  Marriage is a gift from God.  I don't understand how people can throw their marriages away especially if they have a devout spouse to come home to.  I know I'm young and still in the "honeymoon" stage, but I know what I have been blessed with.  I want to look back when we're in the last years of our lives (hopefully 60+ years from now) and see that the love we have now carries on til the end of time, never ceasing to exist but to grow with every moment we're together.


3 comments:

  1. now every time you get frustrated with luke even 10 years from now look back and read this to remind yourself how great you got it! i look back and read the good things i wrote about Jon to remind myself how good I got it when i get frustrated or fed up.
    AMberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I'm thankful God put Luke in your life, also :)

    You are very blessed to have such a forgiving, caring, and loving husband.

    Britnee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...