Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas time is here....

The 12 days of Christmas has officially begun, and Christmas is next Saturday! 


I can NOT believe that this year has flown by so fast.  Springfield's weather has been below freezing this past week.  Saturday night the temps dropped into the low teens with wind chills of 5 to 0 degrees.  The weather forecast called for a "light dusting" of snow in our area, but we got more than that.  Here are some pictures of our "dusting."    

Above is a picture of our scarecrow that got blown off the porch from the winds.
Above is a picture of our street covered in snow.
Above is a picture of our yard and our neighbors front yard.




I have always loved Christmas time.  People are caring, and giving, and loving towards one another during this time of year.  In a way, I wish that people would carry the Christmas spirit with them all year round.  I don't know about you, but I think that the world would be a better place if more people carried the Christmas spirit with them all the time rather than letting it die off around New Years.  Everyone should be giving towards those who are needy all year round too.  It's a reality, folks.  People struggle with poverty all days of the year not just around Christmas time.  Yes, Christmas is a time for giving, but look at Jesus' life.  He gave love, the word of God, and hope everywhere he went, everyday of His life.  

So, I want to challenge you with this: show others the love of Jesus EVERY day of the year not just at Christmas, and give to others even if they "do not deserve it" because the Lord gave EVERYTHING He had for us and we didn't deserve it either.

I'm so thankful for a God who came to die for my sins!  Without Him, my life would be worth nothing.  But it is because of Him that I will live eternally in Heaven.  Thank you, Lord, for dying on the cross and giving me hope and joy everyday of my life!   

Here's a link to a great song!  Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!
Christmas Prayer


Blessings to all,
Alicia Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...