Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hello Blogspot!

Yes, I know I've neglected my blogspot, so I'm here to reconcile this issue.

A lot has happened since I last updated. It's now December and I just finished my 6th semester in college. Overall, it was a REALLY great semester as far as grades are concerned. I found out that I will be able to walk this Spring at graduation with an AA degree in Intercultural Studies. I know that I've been in school for 3 1/2 years, and I should be graduating with a BA instead of an AA, but that's not how my life works.

Throughout this semester, I felt as if I was a failure because I wouldn't be graduating with any sort of degree in the Spring with all of my fellow classmates. I desperately needed a sense of accomplishment to uplift my spirits. Well, low and behold, uplifting is exactly what I received when I went to my academic advisor. She worked it out to where I could walk in the Spring with a degree. I felt like my prayers had not only been heard, but they had been answered!

At the end of October, our new pastor asked Luke and I to be the youth pastors for our church here in Springfield. Of course, we said yes! Our first service was November 9. We may only have one person in our youth group for the time being, but we have full confidence that the Lord will grow our ministry how He wants and in His time.

Thanksgiving was a few weeks ago, and I was blessed by having my mom and sister with us during the holiday. They came up on Wednesday and stayed through Saturday morning. Of course, I cried when they left, but I had such a blast with them! It's on rare occasion that I get to spend time with my family now that I live in Missouri. I must say, it was incredibly nice to have them around. On the night before they left for Arkansas, my mom taught me a new craft project. She taught me how to make glittery Christmas ornaments. I'll post some pictures of some of the ones I made while they were here.

I can not believe that Christmas is in 17 days. 2010 has come and gone faster than I ever imagined. I pray that everyone enjoys Christmas wherever you are in this big world. May God bless you with friends and family to spend this special time of the year with. Remember, There is no Christmas without CHRIST!

Until next time,
Blessings to all,
Alicia Marie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...