Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'm turning into a man!

Ha!  Admit it, you read the title to this post and it sparked your interest.  To be honest, ladies and gents, I am turning into a man.  Not in the sense that I am growing a beard and mustache, but my mind seems to have been taken over by that oh so lovely man brain.  Yes, man brain.  You know, it's similar to mommy brain that all of those pregnant women get, but only 10 gazillion (yes, it's that bad!) times worse!

The past month, I have found myself forgetting a lot of things.  We all have walked into a room and forgotten why we were in that room in the first place, but this is worse.  I don't forget things occasionally, it's a daily occurrence.  Seriously, I'll walk into the kitchen and forget why I was going in there, so I'll go back to the living room and forget why I went back into the living room from the kitchen and came back empty handed.  It's a terrible thing that man brain.  I don't know how men do it.  It drives me insane, and now it has started driving my husband crazy.

On Saturday, Luke and I got up early to make it to the bank before they closed.  As we were waiting in line, I noticed a Mexican restaurant across the parking lot.  I had never noticed the restaurant, and it's located next door to the grocery store I used to take my in-home client shopping at.  I voiced to Luke that there was a restaurant there, and he just looked at me and shook his head.  I couldn't understand why he was telling me no when OBVIOUSLY it was right there!  I asked him why he was shaking his head.  Apparently he wasn't telling me no, he couldn't believe I had pointed out the restaurant.  Supposedly he had "just" mentioned it to me, and I didn't respond.  Now, I'll be honest, I did NOT hear him say anything to me.  Selective hearing, maybe?  Instances like that have been happening all the time in our house.


It's bad guys, I've got man brain, and I don't know what to do.


Suggestions, anyone?

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Cade and I were just talking about this . . . well I thought we were until he confessed that he couldn't remember what we'd been talking about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait it out? lol I had this happen right after I was attacked. I couldn't write a check and answer the phone. It was horrible. Isn't it amazing how thankful you are you can multitask when these things happen? lol I was never so happy as when I learned how to be a woman again. My suggestion is to write it down. I know it's silly but it's what helped me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...