Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So excited.

Hello my lovely blog readers,

I just realized that my client has WiFi at her house, and it's not password protected!!!  So, I am finally able to use the Internet!  The Internet at our house hasn't been working for a few months (which is part of the reason for the lack of blogs!).  So, since I've been MIA for two weeks, I guess I'll update you all.




I have recently gone from working 8 hours a week up to 32 hours. BIG help!  The only thing I would change is the hours that I work.  I'm working 10-Noon (Mon-Thurs) with one client and then I travel 30 minutes away and work 2-8pm with my new client (Mon-Wed, Fri).  It's a strange feeling not getting to see my husband until almost 9 at night, especially since he leaves at 6:30 am for work! 



We're getting a new Internet provider.  Today, actually.  I finally had enough of AT&T and their Internet, so we're switching to Mediacom.  Hopefully we'll be able to have better Internet access now that it will run through a cable line.  Consistent internet access = more blog posts!  Hooray!



I begin my 18th year of school this Thursday (yes, I'm counting Kindergarten).  I have committed myself to an accelerated program for the next 18 months in order to finish my Bachelors.  I'm nervous about cramming a semester long class into 5 weeks, but I'm sure I'll live!  The only problem with the program is that I can NOT miss one night of class!  At least I only attend class once a week from 6-10 pm!



Luke and I are taking a sabbatical of sorts from ministry for the next month (AKA: VACATION!!!).  With the kind of year we've had, we're in desperate need of a break for a bit and not have to worry about the ins and outs of what's going on at the church.  AND, the best part of this break is that it surrounds my birthday our 2nd wedding anniversary.  Not that we're going to go anywhere exotic or anything, but it will be nice not having obligations during those dates.


Well, I better get off here and type up my homework that's due for the first day of class on Thursday (that's the original reason I even have my laptop here tonight!).  I hope all of you are doing well, and I'll try to catch up on commenting on your blogs at some point tonight!

Blessings,
Alicia Marie

3 comments:

  1. Hello busy lady!! I've missed you. I hope you enjoy your sabbatical and especially your birthday! Happy happy birthday to you. You'll do great in school. Glad you are getting a new provider what a pain. Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad ur back. I am sure you will do good in school. I have 4 class and free schedule but I hope I am able to use my time wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun. It sounds like there's a lot going on over there. That's exciting about vacation and the new internet provider :0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...