Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Is this it?

Last night we decided to go through with the phone conference with the lady from the Adoption Agency.  We called her at 4 pm and she didn't answer.  We called another 4 times in the next 15 minutes before she finally answered.  I was beginning to think that it was our sign that adoption isn't meant for us.  I told the lady who we were and that we had a phone conference at 4.  She politely apologized and said that she had a sudden emergency and had to take one of her kids to the E.R.  I told her that was okay, and she said she would call us back when she got home. 

We waited about three more hours and finally my phone rang.  It was her.  She apologized again for having to delay the conference and asked when was best for us to talk with her.  We had stopped our movie, so we told her that "now is okay".  She went through the info about the agency and asked if we had any questions.  I probably asked ten questions.  She answered very confidently.  When we were about to end the call, she told us that she would be sending out an email the next day (today) to the couples (they only accept 6 couples a month) they accept.  I thanked her for her time, and we ended the call.

As I went to bed last night, I prayed that if this was the path that we need to go down then the door would be completely opened.  If adoption isn't what we should be doing then I asked the Lord to not allow us to be accepted.  I prayed that so fervantly last night.

I got in the shower to get ready to go to work and once again prayed the exact prayer as I did last night.  "Lord, if adoption is the path that you want us to go down, please open the door and open it wide...if it's not your will for us to do adoption, please do not allow us to get accepted into the program this month."  I got out of the shower and heard my computer ding.  It was a new email.  I went to the computer and saw that the email was from Angel Adoption.  I took a deep breath and opened it.  Here is what it said, "
Dear Alicia & Jared,

I would like to thank you for your interest in Angel Adoption. It was a pleasure talking to you and getting the opportunity to tell you about Angel Adoption’s program.

I would like to formally extend an invitation to you to join Angel Adoption in the month of June; I feel that you would be an asset to our program. Please call Sue for further instructions on how to sign up.

We look forward to building your family through adoption. We will work diligently with you to help you realize your desire to adopt a child. Our partnership becomes more effective as the trust between us develops-a trust that we earn with each new couple we choose to help. "


I couldn't believe it.  We were accepted into their agency for this month.  Did this mean we were on the road to having a baby in our arms?  Is adoption what the Lord has in store for us?

What do you think?  How would you react in my situation?  I still have an Endocrinologist appointment next Tuesday.  Can he help me get pregnant on my own?  What about adoption?  Oh, the many question going through my head right now!


4 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds like you prayed about it and God gave you your answer. I have heard a lot of stories about people who couldn't have kids until they adopted. God wanted to make sure that child was a part of their family first! Not saying that this will happen, but God is faithful and has an awesome plan for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats. I am soooo excited for you! This is a huge deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you really want to know how your suppose to react? K I'm gonna tell you! You better be dancing like David when he praised God for his goodness! Holy Cow girl I am so excited for you! I can't tell you how hard Ive been praying for you guys to be able to have a baby! As for the dr app. Go for it. I would put out another fleece and let God decide for you. I know whatever child is coming your way needed a loving family and God hand picked you to be it's mama. I'm soooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...