Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day


Well, it is Fathers Day 2010 and I wasn't able to see my dad. I did call him to tell him Happy Fathers Day though. I wanted to make sure that he was okay. Today is our first Fathers Day without Poppie. I've been dreading this next week for a very long time. Tuesday will be one year since he has been gone. I wish I could have had one more Fathers Day with him, but that was the exact prayer as last year. God granted our prayer too, but then took him from us the next day. Oh, I miss him...My heart just hurts with every thought of him being gone. I was Poppie's little girl. I remember how excited I used to get for Christmas to get my present from Poppie. I would always get a really nice piece of jewelry every year! I think I looked forward more to Poppie's present than what "Santa" brought me.

I did get to spend time with my father-in-law today though. I love my in-laws! I was definitely blessed with a wonderful family!

This post is definitely short lived because I've gotta go. I just wanted to write something before I went to study for my CNA class. I hope all of the fathers (and soon to be fathers) have had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...