Tuesday, January 17, 2012

T-minus 31 days

Exactly one month from today, I will have my ultrasound and IVF consultation with Dr. Silber at The Infertility Center of St. Louis.  Am I excited?  Absolutely!  Am I nervous?  Without a doubt!

I've spent a lot of time on The Infertility Center's website lately.  I'm totally convinced that Dr. Silber is amazing, and I've not even met him yet!  He has done some amazing things throughout his career, and continues to strive for excellence and expand his knowledge.  I feel as though I actually have a chance at becoming a mommy now.  What a wonderful feeling that is, too!

I think the thing that impressed me the most was how involved Dr. Silber is with his former/present/future patients.  I found The Fertility Center's Facebook page, and scrolled down their wall for minutes.  There were pictures after pictures after pictures of families that have been made through the Fertility Center, and all of them included personal thank you's from the families.  Each post from every family was commented on by the Center.  I even posted a comment on their Facebook wall, too.  I said, "I am so glad that I found your infertility clinic! I was turned away from another infertility clinic recently, and I felt like my hopes of becoming a mom was gone. I'm happy to say that is not the case anymore! I can't wait for my ultrasound and consultation with Dr. Silber February 17! :)"  Within a day I had a reply that said, "Alicia, we look very forward to meeting you and helping you in every way we can!"  Now, I know that's not the longest, most profound comment ever, but to me it meant a lot.  It meant a lot that they took the time to comment on all of the pictures of the babies they helped create and comment on what I had to say.  It's the small things that mean the most. 

If the comments weren't enough, here's a video of one of the amazing things Dr. Silber has done.  Successfully, might I add!


http://www.infertile.com/media_pages/television/Miracle-Babies.htm


I'm incredibly happy with our decision to not accept being turned away from the RRC, and I can't wait for February 17!

5 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck and hope that it all works out. Good things happen to good people so I have very high hopes for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so rad. It really says something about an organization to be so in-tune with their customers via social networking. I do the social media for my own theatre company and I can tell you it's not easy to keep up with responding to all of those posts, so I'm taking that as a very good sign for you! It sounds like they really care about customer service and treating you with the care you deserve. I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! Dr. Silber sounds amazing, and I'm so glad that you're already having such a great experience at the center. That comment would mean a lot to me, too =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you wait, prayers are headed your way from my house.

    Love,
    Janie Junebug

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooooo exciting. We're praying so hard for you--on hands, knees AND EVERYTHING--which if you know me is a huge deal! I'm wishing you the very best ;0)

    The Doc sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...