Friday, October 21, 2011

Too cute!

This was too cute that I could resist sharing it with you.

As you know, I've been running an in-home daycare for the last (almost) two months.  It has been one of the most fullfilling, stressful, and enjoyable things I've ever done.  One of my favorite things of running my own daycare is having a child (he's two) that speaks as well or better than some adults I know.  He is so intellegent and it amazes me the things he says and can make up. 

This morning, while the baby was sleeping, I was playing with the two year old.  He found the elmo phone we have and began pretending that he was talking to his daddy.  He says, "Hi daddy--you wanna talk to Mrs. 'aweesha'?  okay, here she is."  He then hands me the phone and says, "wanna talk to my daddy?"  I said jokingly, "no I don't wanna talk to your daddy."  He then says, "too bad, here!" and put the phone up to my ear.  He held the phone to my ear and I said, "hello daddy, what's up?"  I paused (for dramatic effect, of course) and then said, "you want want me to do what?....put him down for a nap?....(pause)....oh, okay, I'll tell him he has to take a nap."  As soon as I said to his "daddy" that I would put him down for a nap, he yanks the phone away from me and starts to pound on the phone saying, "the phone must be broken...yeah, it's broken...daddy didn't say that."

Ha!  What a little character he is...He makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes, but it's times like that which remind me of why I do this. :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...