Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Caregivers Prayer

I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I am a CNA (Certified Nurses Assistant) and I'm an employee of Integrity Home Care in Springfield, MO.  I received a poem in the mail from my schedulers at the Integrity office.  It was entitled, "A Caregivers Prayer".  I hope you enjoy it.  It's so true.  I kept it just so that I could frame it and hang it on my wall!



A Caregivers Prayer

Lord,bless me this morning and each one I rise 
with a wealth of strength; please bring hope to my eyes.
Be sure I'm well-grounded for those in my care
Even if the challenge becomes much to bear.

Should this day bring hardship, please help me to find
A beautiful memory for some peace of mind.
 Please shower my life with compassion and love
As I take my cues from Your guidance, above.

Lord, bless me this morning, as I make my way
Please give me the laughter to warm someone's day.
Be sure I am steady, be sure I am wise
Be sure I am ready, should struggles arise

If I shed a tear, Lord, I pray you will see
I'm making the most of the chores asked of me.
As I strive to put others' needs 'fore my own
Always stand beside me, so I'm not alone.

Lord, bless me this morning and each one I live
So I'll remain focused on the care that I give.
Be sure I'm afforded the best tools allowed
To serve others' needs and in turn, make them proud

Please look down upon me and offer a smile
So, I'll always know that my job is worthwhile.
Let me treat each patient and illness the same-
As worthy as this prayer, I've asked in Your name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...