Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2010 thus far





2010 is here! Can you believe it? We are already halfway through this year! It's insane how fast this past year has gone by. Here's and update on what's already happened these first six months of 2010.

In February, Luke and I bought our first house here in Springfield, Mo. It's a 3 bedroom 1 bath home. We decided there was no need to spend money on an apartment when we could buy a home with the same amount of money we were spending for an apartment. In march, Luke and I welcomed our first baby (dog) into our home. He's a black lab mix and his name is Buddy. He's too cute for words! We decided to get a dog so that I wouldn't be home alone and thinking about wanting a baby (even though I still do). I've always wanted to be a mom. I mother my friends and take care of them as if they were my own children...pathetic, I know! In April we got our second dog, her name is Lady. She is a rottweiler/chow mix. She's is the biggest cuddler ever! On April 15, aka:tax day, we welcomed our beautiful niece Caitlyn Marie Hartley into the world. She's so precious! I just love her to pieces! At the end of May I quit my job at Starbucks, which I had been at for a year and a half, to pursue a new career (well, actually get one that is). I decided to become a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant). I begin my 8 week course tomorrow and am super excited (and nervous too).

It's June again, which means that next week marks the one year anniversary of the passing of my Poppie. I've been thinking a lot about him lately since his wedding anniversary and birthday were during the past few weeks. I'm becoming incredibly emotional with every thought of him. I can't believe it has been a year already. I hope that he has been watching Luke and I as we experience new things in our marriage and in our lives. Boy, I sure do miss my Poppie!

Well, there's the short version of year 2010 so far. I hope that my blogs are interesting enough that you've made it this far in your reading.

I'm going to start blogging about my experiences through the CNA class! I hope you'll follow me through this new journey in my life!

God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Love the house pic! I can't wait to read about CNA class. I have thought about doing that while I finish school, but wasn't brave enough to venture out there on my own. lol! I know what you mean about missing him. Those grandpas are something special. Mine will have been gone 2 years on Halloween and I don't think it gets any easier, at least not yet. It's tough, but I know he's looking out for us and I'm sure your Poppie is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our house! I think you'd be a good CNA! I miss my Poppie so much, just like I'm sure you miss your grandpa! It's just hard sometimes knowing you can't call them whenever you want to talk.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...